BASIC SEWING KIT
All of the hands-on sewing classes will need a basic set of supplies that you like to use when sewing. In addition to the materials listed with each class, please bring the following items to each class:
1. Your sewing machine in good repair, cleaned and oiled with the foot control and cord. If you need to borrow one of ours, please let us know at least 48 hours in advance.
2. Good scissors--1 pair for cutting fabric and 1 pair for snipping threads. You may also want to bring a pair for paper if it is a pattern class.
3. Good rotary cutter and a small mat
4. Easy to read ruler
5. Extra machine needles, cutter blades, bobbins
6. Seam Ripper
7. Marking pencils of your choice
8. Small iron & ironing pad (Optional--we have 2 ironing stations)
9. "Best Press" or spray starch
10. 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive
11. Additional items that you like to have handy when you sew. Please share your ideas. We're always looking for new tips!
Not every class will require all of these items, but if you have your kit assembled, you will have everything you need for class.
Please be sure to check the website for instructions on what to do to prepare for your class. Most classes will need you to have your pattern and precut your fabric before your first class.